Friday, October 10, 2008

SHROOMS!


Anyone who knows me knows that mushrooms are NOT my best friend. Let's face it, they are a fungi and when cooked are gross and mushy. BLEH! I apologize for those of you who do like mushrooms. Please do not become offended because I do have pleasant news to share. I now like mushrooms! What?! Yes I am admitting that they are actually good...but under one condition. The condition that they are not cooked. Raw mushrooms with some dressing or even hummus (thanks Bre!) is delish! Let's not get too crazy here, I've only tried button mushrooms and so far that is all I need to try. I still am a bit squeamish about 'shrooms but I've always thought they were so cute and amazing looking.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to have played some part in converting you over to the mushroom world! :)

Anonymous said...

I am soo surprised at this to be Honest.Not sure you want to try "shrooms" as those may take you to places you have never been before,you should probably just stick to the buttons. This is an Awesome new find for you, congrats !

JIMocracy said...

You should try straw mushrooms and shitake mushrooms... although these should really be cooked. I read somewhere that raw mushrooms are not really good for you. ;-)

Koren said...

hahaha... I'll keep that in mind. No worries, I will not go out of my way just to buy mushrooms. :D

Unknown said...

dood, mushrooms are the best. I use to get sausage and mushroom pizza's all the time back in college. I don't know what mushrooms you've eaten but the ones I've eaten are squishy, not mushy...naaasty!