Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Meet the newest member of our family...

So we are finally here 12 weeks! Time to announce to the world that we have a little one on the way! It is such an interesting story how our baby came to be. We found out the week of Thanksgiving about 2 weeks before I was headed into surgery for a large (almost 4-inch) ovarian cyst. Needless to say we were pretty shocked when we left the doctor's office. I would say we probably didn't really speak in the car as Mervin drove me back to work. If we did we just looked at each other and chuckled. Now I've seen the baby's heartbeat, seen it move its arms and stretch out its back. Truly fascinating to see such a small little thing looking like an almost human. Who knew that you could get attached so much just by looking at it! It is more real now knowing how big it is (about 2 inches) and that it moves and has a heartbeat. We should know the gender of the baby in about 7-10 days. We decided to do some testing for Down Syndrome since they felt they found something in one of our ultrasound appointments. Very scary to know. But I just have to have faith that all will be right and God will only give us what we can handle and nothing more. I just hope I have as much faith as He has in me. :D

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Cute! Is she sucking her thumb in the photo? :)

Koren said...

I think so! At least that is what we think it looks like! Can't wait to find out the gender if it is a boy or a girl :D

Anonymous said...

I love how Mandy said "she" :) I think that is the first I have heard since we all accidently say "he" over here! :) I am so incredibly excited for you! Many prayers are being said and I am sure baby Tan will be a happy & healthy baby!!

Mandy said...

Wow. I didn't even realize I said "she"....must be a sign that it is a girl! Bre- $20 says it's a girl! :)